- Dreama Walker as June, who moves to New York when her dream job at a mortgage company provides her with a huge apartment. However, on her very first day, the company is shut down when the owner is arrested for ripping off millions of dollars and the apartment building is taken away, forcing June to find a new place to live.
- Eric Andre as Mark, who would have been June's supervisor at the mortgage company but now works at a coffee shop.
- James Van Der Beek as James Van Der Beek, the former star of Dawson's Creek who is a good friend of Chloe.
- Krysten Ritter as Chloe, a con artist who becomes June's roommate. At first trying to scam June like she does all her other "roomies" by charging her extra rent, Chloe comes to like June and welcomes her.
- Michael Blaiklock as Eli, the quirky next-door neighbor who spies on the girls.
- Liza Lapira as Robin, a neighbor obsessed with Chloe.
The series revolves around the lives of two different women who are roommates in a New York City apartment, who become involved in the ultimate art of turning the tables on each other and everybody else, with elements of The Odd Couple thrown in for good measure. The unlikely situation begins when June, a recently hired cafe barista -- and whose dream job and previous apartment were shattered by her CEO's involvement in the Bernie Madoff scandal that left her in debt -- befriends a patron named Chloe, who offers a place to stay, not knowing that she's a con artist and successfully rips June off after she moves in. Unfortunately, Chloe is stunned to learn that the supposedly naive June can also play that game as well. This prompts the two to use those talents to good use in order to survive in the city, with help from actor James Van Der Beek, who also assists in their plotting.